Regardless of where you live, work, socialize, etc. yoga teaches us to how to discover happiness and contentment everywhere. Yoga teaches us to find the calm in the uncomfortable.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cinnamon Pumpkin Smoothie Bliss!

With my new found surge of selfishness I decided to try out an old recipe with a new ingredient I have been dying to make: homemade almond milk (yummy!) But of course I have been attributing that good ole' "never having enough time" excuse as my reason for not making it. Well tonight I made the time to treat myself to what I have dubbed: Cinnamon Pumpkin Smoothie Bliss made with fresh, homemade almond milk!  

Homemade Almond Milk Ingredients:
  • 3 Cups of Coconut Water (I used Vita Coco)
  • 2 Cups of raw almonds

Extremely Complicated Directions for Almond Milk:
  • Pour all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until...well, blended (I blended mine for about 3 minutes).
*Note, you have to have a pretty powerful blender to make this almond milk i.e. VitaMix, Healthmaster, etc. or else you could potentially ruin your blender, which would obviously not be good...

Of course if almond milk or any of the ingredients aren't your thang, than feel free to substitute with whatever your heart pleases!


Now for the Cinnamon Pumpkin Smoothie Bliss Ingredients:
  •  Your fresh, homemade almond milk :)
  • 1 Frozen banana
  • 3 Tablespoons of cinnamon
  • 5 Spoonfuls of Pumpkin Puree (I used Farmer's Market Organic Pumpkin Puree)
  • 1 Cup of ice
  • 100% Love (O.K. so maybe I am copying Synergy Kombucha's ingredient on that one)

And voila! You have your scrumptious smoothie and on top of being delicious, pumpkin's are packed with vitamins, such as vitamin A (good for clear, sexy skin), naturally-derived calcium (for those strong bones), and my personal favorite, iron (considering iron is the numero uno mineral that us vegetarians need)!



No comments: